Coaches are key to the establishment of the positive and inclusive approach we have here in the Amazons FC. Our coaches approach directly effects the behaviour of players under their supervision. We are proud that our coaches adopt and embody all of the positive aspects of our club and the game of Football.
Our Coaches Code of Conduct calls for coaches to disassociate themselves from a “win-at-all-costs” attitude. The participation, fun and enjoyment as well as the health, safety and welfare of all of our Amazons players is our first priority.
Set out below is our Coaches Code of Conduct. It is based on the FA Coaches Code of Conduct and reflects the standards expected by the National Body.
Here in CLS Amazons Girls & Women’s FC, Coaches must:-
- Treat all players equally and with respect.
- Place the full participation, fun, well-being and safety of each player above all other considerations, including results on the pitch.
- Adhere to all guidelines laid down by the club and FA.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
- Not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Set an excellent example and encourage and guide players – and parents – to accept responsibility as a team for the outcome of games.
- Ensure coaching activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players.
- Co-operate fully with other officials (referees, League and club representatives) in the best interests of the player and the team.
- Always promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game