We are fortunate to have a Head Coach in our club, Shaun Ward, who provides support, advice and guidance to all of our coaches as well as coaching our Women’s Team. His role is as follows:-
HEAD COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Head Coach
Responsible for: Supporting the development of all coaches and teams in the Amazons Girls FC
Responsible to: Club Committee
- FA Level 1 Coaching Certificate
- First Aid
- Child Protection
The Head Coach must be able to:-
- Motivate coaches and players;
- Communicate effectively;
- Make things FUN
- Observe and analyse skills and make improvements;
- Support coaching sessions where requested by Coaches;
- Be an all-round Wizard and maintain the Amazons Spirit of magic and adventure
- Consult/discuss/support team coach(es).
- Support the coordination of coaches and coaching for all teams.
- Provide support and advice to the team coaches
- Support and encourage coaches to brief players on the aims of their sessions and the purpose of each activity.
- Meet regularly and be available to coaches to plan and develop the coaching activities;
- Promote the club ethos and ensure all players have opportunity to develop and participate, whatever their skill level.
- Promote the FA and the Club codes of conduct.
- To ensure that all coaching staff qualifications are kept up to date.
- Take responsibility for ensuring coaches have access to quality training equipment.
- Be aware of and promote the clubs codes of conduct for coaches, players and parents at all times.
- Support the recruitment of new coaches.