Along the way we have picked up many awards, probably the most important of all has been our Charter Standard Award. This is awarded by the FA and it tells everyone – parents, players, members of the public, that our club is run to the highest of standards and in line with good safeguarding practice, the required coaching expertise and qualifications and with a Management Committee established to ensure our club is run in a professional manner.
Our other awards have been:-
- Julie Scurfield was awarded the Northern Echo Local Hero’s and also the Sir Bobby Robson Leading Light Awards in 2018 and also the 2017 County Durham Sports “Contribution to Sport”.
- Harry Brown was awarded the North East Disability Sports “Participant Award” 2017 and was Runner Up in the Northern Echo Local Hero’s Awards in 2018.
- Shaun Ward, Head Coach, was awarded Coach of the Year, 2018 County Durham Sports Durham & Chester-le-Street
- Joanne Ward, Treasurer, Runner Up in Volunteer of the Year, 2018 County Durham Sports Awards for Durham & Chester-le-Street
- Beth Ward, Vice Chairperson, Winner, Young Volunteer of the Year, 2015 County Durham FA Awards
- Chester-le-Street Amazons FC, Runner-up, Charter Standard Club of the Year, 2015 County Durham FA Awards